Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring media files via LAN
Somebody help please.

I connect my NEXBOX A95X (S905X, Android 6.0)  to same LAN network as my Windows 10 Desktop, how can I transfer videos to the SD Card on NEXBOX A95X (S905X, Android 6.0) via the LAN network.
Use ES file manager and share folder on PC where videos.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ndroid.pop
But I play videos directly from the PC over network.
(09-19-2016, 04:49 PM)StoyanB Wrote: Use ES file manager and share folder on PC where videos.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ndroid.pop
But I play videos directly from the PC over network.

Thanks very much, will try it out.
What I need is a way to share the connected USB disk over the windows network.
I'm going to try Sambadroid, but if anyone could recommend a working hassle free solution, I would be greatful
(09-27-2016, 10:41 PM)Lat0r Wrote: What I need is a way to share the connected USB disk over the windows network.
I'm going to try Sambadroid, but if anyone could recommend a working hassle free solution, I would be greatful

I have been working on the same thing for quite some time but I was unable to get any of the samba apps working. At the moment I am using the solution recommended above (files on a PC shared folder), but I want to turn A95X into a wireless file server instead and host my files via it; to be accessed by practically every device on my LAN (so a FTP or media server does not meet my needs)

It would be great if someone can recommend a compatible Samba server (or a method to get any of the popular apps working). I think it has got something to do with the root, but I am not sure...

PS: You don't need ES explorer for "media" files if you are using a shared PC folder. You can simply use Kodi to access and play from those folders as it has an embedded smb client...
With ES File Explorer you can "Manage" your android device.. What it basically does is set up an FTP server.

First things first.. flashing new firmware with RGB foricing, then I'll try some SAMBA apps
(10-14-2016, 05:52 AM)CemAygun Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 10:41 PM)Lat0r Wrote: What I need is a way to share the connected USB disk over the windows network.

I have been working on the same thing for quite some time but I was unable to get any of the samba apps working. At the moment I am using the solution recommended above (files on a PC shared folder), but I want to turn A95X into a wireless file server instead and host my files via it; to be accessed by practically every device on my LAN (so a FTP or media server does not meet my needs)

It would be great if someone can recommend a compatible Samba server (or a method to get any of the popular apps working). I think it has got something to do with the root, but I am not sure...

PS: You don't need ES explorer for "media" files if you are using a shared PC folder. You can simply use Kodi to access and play from those folders as it has an embedded smb client...

Did you try any version of BubbleUPNP? I think that'll do the trick. Unfortunately I have 1 GB of RAM and can not test
Nexbox A95X S905/1gb RAM/ 8gb ROM/ Android 5.1
(10-14-2016, 07:46 AM)StoyanB Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 05:52 AM)CemAygun Wrote:

Did you try any version of BubbleUPNP? I think that'll do the trick. Unfortunately I have 1 GB of RAM and can not test

Well that one is another DLNA server as far as I know. The reason I don't want to use a FTP or DLNA server is that I have multiple devices (PC and Android) accessing the same HDD's for different reasons. FTP is good for managing files but not using them; DLNA servers are only good for streaming media files etc. I am basically trying to turn my External HDD's into "WiFi" ones. 

It took me 10 seconds in Win10 to establish that (on a Z3735 tablet) yet A95x is the most redundant device in my park at the moment. So it is the ideal choice. Plus it has two USB slots. So I am trying to setup a simple Samba server, which would be accessible by all my devices...

I believe there is a serious problem with the root of the old firmware, that is why none of the servers I had tried worked. Although root checkers report it as being rooted, nothing can properly use the root, including SuperSU.

I just downloaded the new firmware (OTA not working for some reason) but did not have the time to flash. Hopefully it will sort out the root issues, and I would be able to install SuperSu, and then a working Samba server...
I tried Samba and Sambadroid, both didn't work.

As a stopgap measure I am running https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....ftpserver now in the background. Seems to work just fine even when streaming from a DLNA device.
(10-14-2016, 10:45 AM)Koriel Wrote: I tried Samba and Sambadroid, both didn't work.

As a stopgap measure I am running https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....ftpserver now in the background. Seems to work just fine even when streaming from a DLNA device.

Thank you for the info, I will give it a try. But don't you have to copy (download) a file to the device you are using before opening it? That is what I am trying to avoid honestly...

For instance, now I have a folder of Photoshop files on the external HDD (shared via Win10 tablet), and I can open, edit and save them from any device in the network. There is always a single copy -the latest version- accessible from all of those devices, which resides in the shared folder... I believe with the FTP server I need to grab the file, edit it, and upload again overwriting the one on the server (please correct me if I am wrong). 

Well, I am sure we will eventually find a solution Smile