Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MXQ Pro Cannot Load Volume /misc! error
HI All,

My first post and apologies if its the wrong place.

I have an MXQ Pro TV box which, for some reason, stopped working and now displays the recovery menu. I can use all the options available.
I've created a USB with the 3 firmware files on and can access them after reboot. However, when I try to use the Update from EXT option, navigate to the files and select the dp-mxq-base.zip file, it starts loading but bombs out with a Cannot Load Volume /misc! error.
No matter what I do, I can't get out of recovery mode.
Has anyone any idea on resolving this issue?
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Xiaomi is gettting popular in the world.
Try to use usb method!
Good luck!
(06-20-2018, 10:09 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Try to use usb method!
Good luck!

HI Gatos814,
I have no idea about Android as an operating system. However, I'm a quick study if pointed in the right direction.
From my first post, you saw that I had the 3 files on the USB and the box sees them quite happily when I navigate to them.
If I select the data/factory reset, it goes through the process of wiping data, formatting data/cache and reports wipe complete. The next line says Cannot load volume/misc!
I then select the update from EXT, then Update from udisk and shows the 'dp-mxq-dp.zip' file. Select it, and then it goes through the:
Cannot load volume /misc!
xxxing update package...
xxxing update package...
Secure Check...
Secure check failed. (not match)
Installation aborted
Cannot load volume /misc!
No matter what I do, everything I do ends with the Cannot load volume/misc! error message and I don't know where to go next.
However, your reply seems to indicate that there's an option.
Could you explain further please?
Find what is the chip of your tv box
Buy a male to male usb cable and look for the stock firmware with .img !
It must be an Amlogic SoC tv box , so with a cable the tool and the stock firmware all will be ok!
If you identify well your tv box and find the proper firmwre it will be 100% succes!
Good luck!

P.S: And a small video with the usb way !
https://youtu.be/AC8WNdRIuFY
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Xiaomi is gettting popular in the world.
Hi Gatos814,
Many thanks for your help.
Work in progress...………….!!