Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alfawise A8 TV BOX Rockchip 3229 Android 8.1
GearBest is currently promoting promotions on the latest Alfawise A8 TV Box. 
This smart box with the powerful ARM Cortex-A7 Rockchip RK3229 and the Mali-400 MP graphics card is currently available for $ 29.99.

[Image: 1531213050629716.jpg]

Main Features:
● Supports 3D movie and 4K x 2K HD display
●Android 8.1 OS for fast and stable running
●Store and query personal information, including documents, files, data forms, web pages
●Support the body feeling game, such as playing tennis, paper planes, shooting
● Faster boot up, response, transmission, channel change
● 802.11 b/g/n WiFi signal is more stable
● 2GB adequate running memory
● 1.5GHz high compatible quad-core cortex-A7 chip
● Local media playback, support HDD, U disk, SD card up to 32G
● The remote control is powered by two AAA batteries ( not included )
Where you can buy the Alfawise A8 TV BOX:Gearbest
Learn more,check HERE!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
I am stuck by purchasing this device.
Issues:
1) No indian streaming apps are working i.e. Jio TV, Airtel TV, Hostar, Sony Liv.
2) No firmware update found. Android 8.1 installed is totally rooted and so many settings are disabled.
3) Unable to find any non rooted firmware or whether we can downgrade to lower android version.

Please help. My $30 is wasted.

I am stuck by purchasing this device.
Issues:
1) No indian streaming apps are working i.e. Jio TV, Airtel TV, Hostar, Sony Liv.
2) No firmware update found. Android 8.1 installed is totally rooted and so many settings are disabled.
3) Unable to find any non rooted firmware or whether we can downgrade to lower android version.

Please help. My $30 is wasted.
Im regretting purchasing this too. Very limited functionality with Android 8.1.

Here are my dislikes:
1. no scroll navigation bar
2. need to manually select network everytime you switch it on
3. cant setup profiles at login, i have 3 housemates who wanna use it differently to me. Can't select user profile when load up netflix either.
4. can't input texts in some fields
5. doesn't run at full resolution/hertz on my 65" screen

Can anyone please help me to get this working better (new firmware or downgrade to lower android version)?
Talk with the seller , it might have a fix firmware for all that!
So the only thing i suggest you to do is wait for an update!
We start test with our Android devices when at least have the stock firmware , for just in case.....!
Regards
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Yesterday I tried to upgrade to the new firmware online, but after more than 15 minutes, the TV box did not turn on and now it constantly reboots.
When you turn on, the screen displays "Android" and after 2 seconds there is a reboot.
Pressing the RESET button does not screw.
Need an original firmware.
The producer is still silent.
(08-17-2018, 10:45 AM)rusyk5 Wrote: Yesterday I tried to upgrade to the new firmware online, but after more than 15 minutes, the TV box did not turn on and now it constantly reboots.
When you turn on, the screen displays "Android" and after 2 seconds there is a reboot.
Pressing the RESET button does not screw.
Need an original firmware.
The producer is still silent.

Alfawise is Gearbest....
So i think they are the only ones the could help you!
But if your tv box now is useless and until you find the stock firmware , test with similar rk3229 firmwares with Android 6 or 7 version to bring it back to life!
Good luck!