Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Reset a Minix Neo U1
I've had a Minix Neo U1 for some time but recently I can't access the "Settings". The screen flickers & just comes back to the main selection.

Is there a way to reset the box to Factory settings ?? Obviously I can't get into the "Settings" to do it. I've googled it and have yet to find an answer.

Alternately, if there's another way to get into "Settings" that would suffice too.

Thanks.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
(08-24-2018, 05:29 AM)rigsby Wrote: I've had a Minix Neo U1 for some time but recently I can't access the "Settings". The screen flickers & just comes back to the main selection.

Is there a way to reset the box to Factory settings ?? Obviously I can't get into the "Settings" to do it. I've googled it and have yet to find an answer.

Alternately, if there's another way to get into "Settings" that would suffice too.

Thanks.

Did you try to reboot it
(08-24-2018, 05:29 AM)rigsby Wrote: I've had a Minix Neo U1 for some time but recently I can't access the "Settings". The screen flickers & just comes back to the main selection.

Thanks.

Easy way to get in recovery mode of NEO U1 !
1.) Put U1 on OFF state with the power adapter attached
2.) Connect U1 via HDMI to your TV
3.) Press and hold the power button for 6 seconds to go into recovery mode.
4.) That's all !
From there do a factory reset!
Good luck!
Jojo - yes I rebooted it many times. Thanks.

gatos814 - thanks for that, I'll try it.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)