Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux device tree (dts) for Yundoo Y8 kernel
Star 
Hello,

FlyMAN007, could you provide the dts file for building the rk3399 linux kernel 4.4?

I am interested (as many other Y8 owners) to generate the resource partition from http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Rockchip_Kernel / https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel , to flash in my Yundoo Y8

I have seen that the Y8 linux dts file would be almost identical to the firefly RK3399, which is available in the official RockChip repository.

Please, could you provide this file or set of files? Thank you!
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
(08-29-2018, 06:40 AM)Jojo Wrote: As I know,Y8 only support windows sysytem

I have booted already the Yundoo Y8 with Linux... missing some functionality but with a nice blue light. So, it might no be supported, but yes: it works!

What I am asking is the dts files for compiling myself the kernel with the full functionality. All the software except these dts (specific to Yundoo Y8) files is available and open source.

I don't need any other support than these dts files... not much to ask and it would be a huge benefit to the community and to themselves (Yundoo Y8's manufacturer) since they for sure will have more market reach, specially now that cheap RK3399 boards with full linux support are available: RockPro64, NanoPi T4, ODroid N1, Orangepi RK3399 among others.

To share or to make available the linux dts files for this device is beneficial for Yundoo. It would be even better for them to make available an image based a common used linux distribution like ubuntu, debian, arch, or other...  but if that is too much work, then at least, provide the dts files so the "people" can build their own linux images... maybe also Armbian will support Yundoo Y8, who knows. But without the linux dts files... of course... only non official linux dts files (based on the extracted android dts files from the official android 7.1 image from its resource partition) can be used for compiling linux for the Yundoo Y8. And as in my case, not clean enough for having a 100% functional linux box.

Please, Yundoo, make the Linux dts files available  Smile
YUNDOO Y8 only supports windows sysytem? NO! It is Android OS only.
(08-29-2018, 02:25 PM)Rasta Wrote: I have booted already the Yundoo Y8 with Linux... missing some functionality but with a nice blue light. So, it might no be supported, but yes: it works!

What I am asking is the dts files for compiling myself the kernel with the full functionality. All the software except these dts (specific to Yundoo Y8) files is available and open source.

I don't need any other support than these dts files... not much to ask and it would be a huge benefit to the community and to themselves (Yundoo Y8's manufacturer) since they for sure will have more market reach, specially now that cheap RK3399 boards with full linux support are available: RockPro64, NanoPi T4, ODroid N1, Orangepi RK3399 among others.

To share or to make available the linux dts files for this device is beneficial for Yundoo. It would be even better for them to make available an image based a common used linux distribution like ubuntu, debian, arch, or other...  but if that is too much work, then at least, provide the dts files so the "people" can build their own linux images... maybe also Armbian will support Yundoo Y8, who knows. But without the linux dts files... of course... only non official linux dts files (based on the extracted android dts files from the official android 7.1 image from its resource partition) can be used for compiling linux for the Yundoo Y8. And as in my case, not clean enough for having a 100% functional linux box.

Please, Yundoo, make the Linux dts files available  Smile

I don't think YUNDOO can provide what you need. Too professional.  But you can do at your own risk of getting your box into a brick.
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
(08-30-2018, 06:07 AM)admin Wrote: I don't think YUNDOO can provide what you need. Too professional.  But you can do at your own risk of getting your box into a brick.

I have bricked it already and recovered with the maskrom mode, that's not a problem.

dts files are technical but not like: professional. There is many people compiling things out of pleasure, as a hobby... not necessarily professionals. It happens that for compiling the RK3399 kernel these files are needed since they are hardware specific. It might even be that YUNDOO's designers/developers have them somewhere and is matter of sharing them. In these files there is no any secret... These same files can be found for other RK3399 devices in:  https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel at /arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/ subfolder. Nothing special, just the hardware definition...

I hope that FlyMAN007 or someone from YUNDOO comes and provide it/them. For sure they can do it!!!  Smile