Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A95X S905X 1/8 not working after flashing (not bricked)
Hi,

I have a A95X S905X 1/8.

It was working fine, until I tried to flash it with the SD card method, but it became non-responsive.

Since then, when I plug the power both blue and red lights are on, but no signal on TV.

Then I tried the USB flashing tool.

The box is instantly recognized by the tool, but, 2 different usb cables, 2 different PCs, 4 different versions of the tool and 6 different firmwares - everytime I get the 2% error.

I've read numerous posts, tried a lot of combinations, no success. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Most probably it's the same issue that this guy mentions here

He mentioned that the managed to fix it with the "stock" rom.

Do you maybe know which exactly is this rom?
After downloading more than 10 additional files, I managed to find the correct firmware, box is up and running again!

In case someone needs it in the future, unfortunately I didn't keep the link, but the image name is cyx_NEXBOX-A95X_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160628_USB.img
If all was installed ok on windows and you have the proper firmware for your tv box you will never never have any problem at all!
Regards

Wink
Since a few days ago, I only get a black screen when booting the box, no logo, no nothing.

The light on the box is blue, as always.

I tried re-flashing it, but although I get the "successful" message, when I plug the power there's still a black screen, even after waiting for 5 mins.

Is it fried? Any ideas?

Thanks
Try with the latest usb burning tool  (2.1.6)  and this time use ''erase all'' on erase flash section!
Also test it with another tv to see if there is any difference!
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, I checked with a different TV, but it's the same.

Also, I tried flashing with 2.1.6 with "erase all" option, as you suggested.

The difference is that now, when I plug the box I see the Nexbox logo for half a second, then the screen goes black and nothing else happens...
Hmm....
Do a trick and use your usb male to male cable to give your tv box extra power....!
It might have faulty power adapter!
Regards
(12-05-2018, 06:11 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Hmm....
Do a trick and use your usb male to male cable to give your tv box extra power....!
Regards

Which of the 2 x usb sockets is recommended?   (Can I do any damage?)

Cheers!
(12-10-2018, 12:06 AM)ItsaBootiphulDae Wrote:
Regards

Which of the 2 x usb sockets is recommended?   (Can I do any damage?)

Cheers!

Whatever you want!
It's ok!
Regards
Regards

You mean to connect a usb power adapter (eg from a mobile) with the usb M/M to one of the usb ports of the box, without pluging the power adapter that came with the box?

Just tried and the box boots just fine. You're the man!