Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A95X PRO 2/16 Chromecast built-in won't update/not working
Ever since I have wirelessly upgraded to A95X_PRO-7.1.2-201809191423 I have so many issues that I forgot about them because my main issue is Chromecast built-in.

It doesn't work... When I try to chromecast anything from my phone/any phone, it says "Error connecting to A95X_PRO" , or in very rare cases it actually works/it appears to be working but it won't actually cast anything..

I tried everything that the Internet offered me... I know that my Chromecast built-in app can be updated because Google Play store literally says that I can update it, and so I try.. but I fail, because of error 505. Tried fixing the error.. impossible.

"Can't install app. "Chromecast Built-in" can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (Error code: -505)"

Tried manually installing a newer version.. can't. "App not installed. The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name."

I just don't know what to do.. I factory reseted it twice, I rebooted it 3 times, nothing works... Even if something miraculously makes it work, it only works for a few minutes.. 
I don't know how to flash/update the firmware, I have an SD card (which I'm reluctant to format), I don't have an USB to USB cable.

Any help ?
Look here and try via TWRP :
http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...3#pid19543
But i don't know about DRM L1!!!
You might loose it and i don't know if this (https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/J3F3DmsB/file.html) existing patch will help with that!
Good luck!
(11-24-2018, 10:48 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Look here and try via TWRP :
http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php...3#pid19543
But i don't know about DRM L1!!!
You might loose it and i don't know if this (https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/J3F3DmsB/file.html)  existing patch will help with that!
Good luck!

What am I supposed to do with these links ? I don't have USB to USB cable, I don't know how to flash and I have absolutely no idea what to do with this "Burnkey" tool.
Can you please send me a working tutorial ?
Did you read the instructions on the post?
You didn't understand anything?
Where did i say something about usb cable?
Did you confuse it with ''Quote'' on this post?
This TWRP way it's definitely an sd card method!!!
With this ''trick'' you will go ''back'' , by installing first the recovery's backup and then the original OTA firmware which in your case is ''lower'' than the one you have!
Also i said about DRM Level1 and the possibility of losing it and this ''BurnKeyTool_1.0_1.apk'' is a might way to restore it , but without any guarantee!!!
Of course if all these sounds .... weird to you , I SUGGEST YOU ,TO NOT DO ANYTHING!!!!!
You might ''harm'' your tv box!
Regards
(11-25-2018, 08:35 AM)gatos814 Wrote: Did you read the instructions on the post?
You didn't understand anything?
Where did i say something about usb cable?
Did you confuse it with ''Quote'' on this post?
This TWRP way it's definitely an sd card method!!!
With this ''trick'' you will go ''back'' , by installing first the recovery's backup and then the original OTA firmware which in your case is ''lower'' than the one you have!
Also i said about DRM Level1 and the possibility of losing it and this ''BurnKeyTool_1.0_1.apk'' is a might way to restore it , but without any guarantee!!!
Of course if all these sounds .... weird to you , I SUGGEST YOU ,TO NOT DO ANYTHING!!!!!
You might ''harm'' your tv box!
Regards

How does that post explain ANYTHING ?
He just says that I should format my SD Card, how am I supposed to fully format my SD Card ?? What do I need to put in the SD Card ? What am I supposed to do with TWRP file ? What file should I take ? That post you linked me doesn't help at all, it assumes that I already know all about flashing TV Boxes but I don't.
How am I supposed to solve a problem that is pure software fault of the people making it, without knowing how to flash it ?
I have an SD Card, I have a USB, I just need to know how is this done, step by step..

I've done some digging on this forum, and everyone just assumes that we all know how to flash the system and they skip the basics, while the official video of how to flash stuff does not exist anymore..

I literally don't understand what to do with this TWRP file... You said I should download it, what then ???
Sorry but my suggestion is to NOT start anything that you don't know!
It's not just simple as that !
Needs some average knowledge about TWRP that you don't have and i'm afraid you'll brick your tv box!
So i think first try to contact with your seller , he might have a solution for you!
Regards
(11-25-2018, 12:01 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Sorry but my suggestion is to NOT start anything that you don't know!
It's not just simple as that !
Needs some average knowledge about TWRP that you don't have and i'm afraid you'll brick your tv box!
So i think first try to contact with your seller , he might have a solution for you!
Regards
What does the seller have to do with whoever made this software ?
He isn't the one making software for these TV Boxes..
I did nothing wrong, ever since I bought the TV Box I've had hundreds of problems with the software, some easily solvable, most aren't... Do they even plan on updating this software ?

Why can't you just tell me how TWRP works ? Without chromecast, this TV Box is as good as bricked..
Your seller may have an update or a fix patch for this!
Now for the TWRP , imagine what will happened if something goes wrong with the procedure.....!
So i don't want to take the blame!But you can google it for more info!
Regards
(11-25-2018, 01:56 PM)gatos814 Wrote: Your seller may have an update or a fix patch for this!
Now for the TWRP , imagine what will happened if something goes wrong with the procedure.....!
So i don't want to take the blame!But you can google it for more info!
Regards

I'm sorry but isn't this the page for this TV Box ? The seller doesn't have a god damn thing to do with the software of the box, how could he have an update that other users of the SAME TV Box don't ?

I can't update Chromecast built-in because of Error 505, do you at least know how I could update Chromecast ?That's all I needed in the first place.. I can't sideload it because I can't update it over the existing package.
In most of these issues the solutions will be given with a next update or if seller (either independent sellers from ebay or amazon or the big Chinese e-shops) sold a lot of these tv boxes and the buyers starts to complaining about it , the seller will ask the tv box company for a solution!
That's more or less how the system works...!
And by the way , yes , this is the page of this tv box but i'm not their .... employee!
I'm a user , just like you , who trying to help you!
So, from the time ,you don't know much things about , you are reluctant to format your SD card and you don't contacting your seller , just wait for the next update which might fix this issue!
Regards