Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mecool MS8 Pro L Netflix App Incompatibility
Question 
I just received my order, Mecool MS8 Pro L, on 2 Dec 2018. After installing the Netflix App from the Google Play Store in the TV Box, I cannot launch the Netflix to access the login in page. Upon checking with Netflix, I was informed that the Netflix app installed is not compatible with the OS of the TV Box.
Are you talking about ''white'' netflix app or for the ''black-red'' one?
(12-02-2018, 01:49 AM)mrwhtsgx Wrote: I just received my order, Mecool MS8 Pro L, on 2 Dec 2018. After installing the Netflix App from the Google Play Store in the TV Box, I cannot launch the Netflix to access the login in page. Upon checking with Netflix, I was informed that the Netflix app installed is not compatible with the OS of the TV Box.

I fix that problem with a patch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d2TeTJ_EJ4

The problem now is that the app has updated yesterday(07/12) and it has an error now:  Error de Netflix tvq-pb-103 (2.10.0)

Dont know how to fix it out.

I can not reproduce any video. It says : It is  posible to play now.
Look what is the latest version of your Netflix app and delete it!
Go here and download older versions for test!
https://netflix-inc-netflix.gr.aptoide.com/versions
Install them via sideload!
Good luck!
(12-08-2018, 03:59 PM)karakunt Wrote: [Image: 7483331056411954.jpg] 

Hello, I have the same problem. What should I do.

I've got the very same issue. And seems like most of the MeCool boxes once again affected. No other devices in home are affected (samsung TV works, browser works, phone works) 

I start to regret buying mecool...
Unfortunately none of these tv boxes have original licence.....!
That's why time to time these things happened!
Try earlier versions of Netflix or wait for some patch!
Regards
Absolutely a shit device. Waste of money. Should have spent the money on some donation to charity. Since I got this device had to just keep looking for fixes and nothing else. Who makes these devices. I bought this thinking that it has genuine android tv. But the Chinese just keep making fake things and lie about it.
(12-09-2018, 12:45 AM)s0787671 Wrote: Absolutely a shit device. Waste of money. Should have spent the money on some donation to charity. Since I got this device had to just keep looking for fixes and nothing else. Who makes these devices. I bought this thinking that it has genuine android tv. But the Chinese just keep making fake things and lie about it.

Mostly , i disagree with you!
Chinese , are trying to make good ''things'' (mostly) !
Tv boxes are a ''revolution'' on home entertainment !
Netflix is one of the potentials of these tv boxes but not and the first reason for buying it!
If someone needs exclusively netflix  in HD , i think , tht he should look for another ...... solution!
Regards
(12-09-2018, 11:16 AM)gatos814 Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 12:45 AM)s0787671 Wrote: Absolutely a shit device. Waste of money. Should have spent the money on some donation to charity. Since I got this device had to just keep looking for fixes and nothing else. Who makes these devices. I bought this thinking that it has genuine android tv. But the Chinese just keep making fake things and lie about it.

Netflix is one of the potentials of these tv boxes but not and the first reason for buying it!
If someone needs exclusively netflix  in HD , i think , tht he should look for another ...... solution!
Regards

No. And no. And yes i bought this box for Mostly Netflix and HBO GO. And I was okay that HBO GO APP does not exist on this box... but now when Netflix is broken. Why the hell do I need it? I would get a refund if I could. So no. Chinese make THE worst Software ever. They do a good at copying and making things cheap on hardware level. But the moment they are asked to have a software that would work... no please don't do that. And yes I am sorry i've ever bought this device now... And i am ordering myself Nvidia Shield (it has HBO and Netflix without issues somehow)
(12-09-2018, 01:42 PM)xolerick Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 11:16 AM)gatos814 Wrote:

Regards
In the only thing ,they are wrong , are with their software!
I agree that in most of the tv boxes the software is inferior than hardware but ... that's .... (their) ''life''!
Don't forget that Nvidia Shield is much more expensive but is based also on this Chinese (tv box) idea!
Regards
No. And no. And yes i bought this box for Mostly Netflix and HBO GO. And I was okay that HBO GO APP does not exist on this box... but now when Netflix is broken. Why the hell do I need it? I would get a refund if I could. So no. Chinese make THE worst Software ever. They do a good at copying and making things cheap on hardware level. But the moment they are asked to have a software that would work... no please don't do that. And yes I am sorry i've ever bought this device now... And i am ordering myself Nvidia Shield (it has HBO and Netflix without issues somehow)