Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset and Safe mode
Hello i left my parents watch a movie with Kodi but the messed everything up (i should had trained them better Dodgy Dodgy )...
They were scrolling in the main menu (not in Kodi menu) trying to find the addons i had showed them to play movies. As they didn't find it they thought to close the box and reopen it (maybe it' ll work they said). As they were trying to close it by presing the switch off button in the remote a pop up menu appeared with as they said a "reboot machine something" with options ok and cancel. They pressed ok and BOOM ! Now the box is in safe mode, all apps dissapeared except from play store and Kodi is not working (anytime i press it it says its deleted or unistalled)

Pls Help i don't know what to do... Huh Huh Huh
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Try to restore factory settings.
I'm having the same issue does reset factory settings mean I have to reinstall everything? I have no idea how to do that.
(12-11-2016, 05:02 AM)Jevink7 Wrote: I'm having the same issue does reset factory settings mean I have to reinstall everything? I have no idea how to do that.

Restore Factory:
Settings-->More settings-->Backup&reset-->Factory data reset-->RESET MBX-->ERASE EVERYTHING
IPVanish is probably the best VPN service to use in order to watch movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi or otherwise. And, Check GearBest $12 Sale (including many TV Boxes and Smartphones!)
Lightbulb 
This happened to me last night, my husband accidentally pressed o.k. in his half sleep for the android tv box to shut down in safe mode. While hubby was googling how to fix it, I just turned the machine off via the remote. This one shuts down properly when you press the power button on remote, then o.k. button to confirm. Turned it back on and Kodi and all other apps were back and working. If your machine doesn’t power down fully from the remote, I’d suggest pulling the power plug out then putting it back in. That should do a full reboot.
I have a similar issue.  Please help?  I was using the A95X today but the gallery was not opening for some reason, was not working, and overall the box is more hassle than help it seems, but I would like it to be functional and now it is not.  I went into the settings and selected factory reset and erase everything as I thought that was just resetting the box to how it was when i got it, but it does not work at all now.  I plug it in, have power, but the TV has a "no signal" box flashing or bouncing on a black screen, as if it does not read it at all now?  Earlier I could pull up directories on USB, KODI, APP Center, etc, but now, nothing.

Help?

[b]This is what I did, but now the Box, though the light is blue, plugged in, connected via HDMI like before, does not respond/work at all.[/b]

[b]Android Box fix First Method-[/b]
  1. Go to Main Settings on your Android box.
  2. Select Other and then go to More Settings.
  3. Go to Backup And Reset.
  4. Click Factory Data Reset.
  5. Click Reset Device, then Erase Everything.
  6. The Android box will now restart and the TV box will be fixed.
(10-20-2018, 06:38 PM)rasarae Wrote: I have a similar issue.  Please help?  I was using the A95X today but the gallery was not opening for some reason, was not working, and overall the box is more hassle than help it seems, but I would like it to be functional and now it is not.  I went into the settings and selected factory reset and erase everything as I thought that was just resetting the box to how it was when i got it, but it does not work at all now.  I plug it in, have power, but the TV has a "no signal" box flashing or bouncing on a black screen, as if it does not read it at all now?  Earlier I could pull up directories on USB, KODI, APP Center, etc, but now, nothing.

Help?

[b]This is what I did, but now the Box, though the light is blue, plugged in, connected via HDMI like before, does not respond/work at all.[/b]

[b]Android Box fix First Method-[/b]
  1. Go to Main Settings on your Android box.
  2. Select Other and then go to More Settings.
  3. Go to Backup And Reset.
  4. Click Factory Data Reset.
  5. Click Reset Device, then Erase Everything.
  6. The Android box will now restart and the TV box will be fixed.
Generaly when tv boxes are not ''listening'' to our comands and don't ''come back'' from a factory reset ussually it's something hardware issue ,like power adapter for instance!
The only working solution if you facing these issues is to manually flash again the stock firmware!
Identify exactly your tv box , buy a male to male usb cable (or make one from 2 old usb cables) ,install the drivers and the usb burning tool on your windows pc and everything will be ok soon....!
Of course if your power adapter is not working as it sould ,you maybe need one replacment
Good luck!